As the Career Hub continues to grow across Lancashire with approximately 150 Schools and Colleges, including more Special Education, Needs and Disability (SEND) schools now signed up to the Enterprise Advisor Network, the need for even more Enterprise Advisors is greater than ever!
The Enterprise Adviser Network matches schools and colleges with senior business volunteers to help create powerful, lasting partnerships between schools, colleges, employers and careers programme providers.
An Enterprise Adviser is a volunteer from business who works closely with the headteacher or Senior Leadership Team of a school or college to provide strategic support. An Enterprise Adviser uses their business experience and professional networks to help develop and implement an effective careers strategy that puts opportunities with local employers at the heart of a young person’s education.
So if you take a passion for raising the aspirations of young people and can combine it with your skills and strategic thinking and you are from the digital sector… can you help?
Becoming an Enterprise Adviser lets you:
• Support your local school or college to deliver world class careers guidance to their students, enabling young people to be prepared and inspired for the fast-changing world of work.
• Undertake strategic planning in a new context; developing your skills in communication and strategy development.
• Build strong working relationships with schools and colleges and provide insight into your organisation, industry and the opportunities available in the local labour market.
• Give back to your community.
• Better understand the education sector and the challenges faced.
• Develop your local business network.
Volunteers are asked to commit to supporting a school or college for one academic year to ensure there is time to build the relationship, understand the challenges and opportunities and take action. This equates to approximately 8 hours per month but will vary according to the meetings scheduled with the school or college and the agreed follow up.
To find out more information and to sign the Lancashire Skills Pledge to register your interest please follow this link https://www.lancashireskillshub.co.uk/lancashire-skills-pledge/ and an Enterprise Coordinator will get in touch.