Job Title: Software Developer
Location: The REACH Centre, Lancaster University, UK
Enterprise Generator provides support and guidance to technology companies in the advanced manufacturing sectors. This includes the design and development of bespoke web-based applications for clients.
Our clients’ main activities are currently in the area of supply chain management and product stewardship, and include The REACH Centre and Chemtrac.
Enterprise Generator has a secure, long-term contract to further develop Chemtrac and as such wishes to recruit an ambitious, hard-working developer to support Chemtrac’s exciting expansion plans.
Chemtrac provides users with a range of chemical management applications. Their Substance Database application allows users to access up to date information regarding 250,000 chemicals and more than 600 associated regulations, and new applications allow customers to integrate their own product information with Chemtrac’s regulatory knowledge. Prestigious users of the system include such names as Rolls Royce, Tesco and Toyota.
New applications and bolt-ons to the existing Chemtrac software are being developed and need to be incorporated into the system and made available to customers. Your job as developer would involve supporting the Enterprise Generator’s existing development team in implementing these new features. You will be working in a fast-paced, energetic but supportive and friendly environment with potential for shaping the future of Chemtrac.
If you’re interested in applying and would like more information, please email email@example.com.
If you’d like to apply, please attach your CV and a covering letter.
● You’ll be working on new and existing Chemtrac applications, understanding customer expectations and translating them into software
● Liaising with the wider Chemtrac and The REACH Centre team to develop specifications for new applications and make improvements to existing applications
● Working with other members of the development team, you’ll be helping to plan the next iterations of our application, contributing to our work on turning specifications into database structures, functionality and intuitive interfaces
● Providing support to new and existing customers of Chemtrac and helping resolve any software issues that occur
● Experience with and excellent knowledge of PHP
● Good knowledge of MySQL and/or MariaDB
● Superb written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to learn and improve your development skills
● An understanding of version control systems and project lifecycle
● Experience of developing large-scale web applications
● Experience of administering web servers
● A few years of work experience in a team working on multiple projects
● 33 days paid holiday (including public and bank holidays)
● Contributory company pension scheme
● Working as part of our friendly team with regular social events and all based at Lancaster University, one of the UK’s top 10 universities
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We particularly welcome applications from women for this role in order to increase our staff diversity in this part of the business.