The Digital Lancashire team are looking for a competent Event Manager to organise, oversee and co-ordinate events that will make a positive impact to a our current members and raise our organisations profile to our target audience to build membership numbers further.
The chosen candidate will be required on a 6 month freelance contract initially, to ensure our Digital Lancashire events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to any budget and time constraints.
We would like to see enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas for our Digital events – we would like to provide something different than the usual format you see in our industry for digital marketing breakfast meetings and round table events.
- Plan event from start to finish according to our requirements, target audience and objectives
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- Prepare budgets
- Source and negotiate with suppliers (speakers, venue, catering teams etc.)
- Coordinate all operations
- Act as an experienced event consultant and specialist
- Organise appropriate sponsorship for our events
- Lead promotional activities for the event
- Work with our designer to develop any promotional materials e.g. email marketing, eventbrite, social media graphics
- Supervise and provide on the day support
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Analyze the event’s success and prepare reports for the management team
- Responsible for approximately 6 events over the course of the initial contract
- The job will be split with 80% of the time working on pre-event planning and 20% providing on the day support
- Proven experience as event manager
- Skilled in project management
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organisational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
- BSc/BA in PR, marketing or hospitality management
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role at management level
- Ability to provide case studies and testimonials of your previous work
Please get in touch for more information and how to apply.